1.15.2009

Lilia Luvs Lugs

Every time I see pretty lugs on a bike, I think of Lilia. So when this pretty hand-painted bicycle parked in front of Macy's caught my eye, I was compelled to share such fabulousness with my partner in crime.


When all of a sudden its owner approached me and said, "I hope you're not trying to steal my bicycle." Take a look at how his brand new sneakers match his yellow lugs and handlebars. (We love cyclists who coordinate with their ride.)

Covet - not steal. I'm no bicycle thief! (Although I love the film.)

The owner of this gorgeous set of wheels is Matt, who also has the honor of running the lovely home boutique Given, located in the historic Castro storefront where Harvey Milk operated his famous camera store. You can read all about Harvey and the store's history on Given's website.

And if you haven't checked out Milk yet, do yourself a favor and run to the theater now!

4 comments:

Chris Duncan said...

I love the bar wrap.

San Smith said...

the colors he painted the lugs with are amazing combined! I love the little heart looking detail on the sides. Fantastic!

Adrienne said...

I love lugs,too! But I have just enough OCD to really, really, really want to take my scissors to all those loose threads!

Kristin Tieche said...

I think the threadiness is kind of sexy!